Steps we have taken to care for your pets and your safety
- We have increased both the frequency and scope of disinfection of our hospital in accordance to COVID-19 guidelines.
- Hours and appointment times have been limited.
- Employees who are not feeling well or have potential exposure to COVID-19 are being asked to stay at home.
- We continue to monitor CDC and local government guidelines. If you have an emergency please call so we can plan for your arrival.
- If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who is sick stay home and have a friend or relative bring in your pet.
- Upon arrival, sanitize your hands using the Purell dispenser to the left of the reception station. Notify the receptionist of your arrival and take a seat.
- Only three clients are allowed in the practice at a time. We allow one person per pet. You must wear a scarf, face mask, etc.. prior to entering the practice.
- Do not stand at the reception desk while waiting and honor the 6 feet of separation.
Feel free to call (619) 260-1412 should you have questions or have special requests during this trying time.
Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital
The Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital, located in San Diego, California, is a primary care and referral veterinary practice limited to birds and “exotic” animals. The practice is world renown for the innovative and quality care it offers its clients and their animals.
We offer a wide range of services:
- Routine medical care
- Wellness exams
- Full diagnostic, medical and surgical services
- Emergency on-call services
- Grooming on a variety of animals
- Boarding and daycare
- Wildlife medicine and surgery
- Click here to see all the services we offer
We treat a wide variety of animals
- Birds of all kinds, large and small
- Rabbits, rodents, ferrets
- Hedgehogs, sugar gliders and other “small companion pets”
- Small primates
- Small exotic cats
- Reptiles and Amphibian
- Insects and spiders
Avian and Exotic Animal Hospital
1276 Morena Blvd.
San Diego,California 92110
Telephone: (619) 260-1412
Fax: (619) 260-1499
Map and Directions
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
In case of an emergency
Call (619) 260-1412 and listen to the message for instructions.